Thursday 15 December 2016

You Won't Believe Me

(Edit: Would you believe me if I said that I actually did start this post last Friday? No, I wouldn't either, but it's true...) 

I can't believe we're done the second Champagne Thursday of December. I also can't believe that there are only 3 more Champagne Thursdays in 2016. Time flies, eh? 

Last weekend we had a lovely baby shower for Baby Ozzy. Afterwards I got to snuggle with him for almost 2 hours, pure delight. Although, all the baby bouncing did remind me how out of shape my legs are... gotta get on that before I go skiing... yikes!

I've just realized how close Christmas is... Should start shopping soon...

December 8, 2016


This week Shane went rogue and went to the LCBO without me! I'm pretty sure he chose this bottle based on the colour alone. It was a beautiful dark rosé. Juvé y Camps' Pinot Noir Cava. It had a super loud pop, but not much scent off the top. 

In the glass, I got a strong, tart cranberry scent right away. I thought it was dry at first, but it seemed to mellow out after a few sips. Shane said that the first thing he thought of after swallowing it was "Baby Duck", in that he found it sweet, but not in a bad way that you'd maybe think with the baby duck comment (Baby Duck has 51g/L of sugar, compared to the low teens we try to stick to)... 

After a glass, it seemed to open up a bit more, and gave way to some raspberry scents along with the cranberries. It had the essence of a sweeter wine, while still being quite dry (if that makes sense?). I did notice a bit of a boozy or liquory aftertaste, but nothing too offensive. 

It had a really nice mouth feel, with lots of sharp bubbles. And, like I said before, has a beautiful colour. Overall, yes, we liked it, and wouldn't hesitate to get it again. 

Til next time (aka tomorrow, hopefully), 
~S

  • Brand: Juvé y Camps
  • Type of Grape: Pinot Noir
  • Sweetness: 12g/L
  • Price: $21.95
  • Tasting Notes: CRANBERRIES with a touch of raspberries. Would pair nicely with a baked brie in puff pastry. 






No comments:

Post a Comment